The TEACH for LA conference will be a weeklong event, May 3rd-May 7th, 2021.
This weeklong FREE conference is for everyone in the field of education:
- Are you a future teacher? A college or high school student?
- A current teacher? College faculty? Paraeducator?
- Do you work with teachers and future teachers? Or want to?
THIS CONFERENCE IS FOR YOU!
There will be a variety of breakout sessions every day, keynote speakers on Monday May 3rd and Friday May 7th, student panels, teacher panels, a special networking event and many breakout sessions on what you need to know to TEACH for LA!
The conference will have a variety of breakout sessions to choose from, including sessions on early childhood education, TK-12 education, special education, social justice, and hands-on strategies for an effective classroom. Those registered will receive a schedule of all breakout session topics, dates and times by April 23rd. You will be registered for the conference and have access to whatever sessions your schedule allows. Breakout session links will be sent the day before the session to all registered.
Once you are registered, each day of the conference you will choose your own breakout sessions and join a community of educators and future educators in learning about topics such as:
- Substitute teaching? Is it for me?
- Anti-bias Education
- How to become an elementary school teacher
- Classroom management
- Teaching junior high or high school: Requirements and pathways
- Social Justice in the classroom
- Teaching preschool, TK and Kindergarten: Pathways to careers in Early Care
- How to become a special education teacher
- Social Emotional Learning
- Supporting students with special needs
- Strategies for student engagement
- Child Development to Credential Program
This conference is organized by TEACH LA Regional Collaborative (https://www.teachlarc.org). Sessions are hosted independently by regional community colleges, transfer institutions, and educations partners. This regional conference provides an opportunity to engage with many higher education partners and faculty in the Los Angeles Region!
Breakout sessions will be offered at various times of the day. There will be a special Networking Fair on Friday May 7th, and AWESOME Keynote Speakers on Monday May 3rd and Friday May 7th! At the Networking Fair on Friday May 7th we will end our weeklong conference with a giveaway drawing. You must be present during the giveaway and live in California to win.
Please Join Us May 3rd – 7th for TEACH FOR LA!
REGISTRATION LINK: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/teach-for-la-conference-tickets-148271212187