On May 12, 2020, a panel of CTE and STEM Teachers shared their perspectives on finding their passion in teaching. Steps to becoming a teacher are also outlined in the presentation. Watch the panel presentation Zoom recording at https://bit.ly/teachCTE-STEM-video.
Description: The path towards becoming a STEM or CTE teacher can be filled with uncertainty and a number of job opportunities that will inform your practice. Establishing the level of education you might want to teach at and the type of community you might want to impact are just the beginning of a list of questions that will help prepare you for the journey.
Moderator: Dr. Naomi Castro, Education Faculty, Compton College
Lynell Wiggins, Director of Adult Education & Workforce Development
- Dr. Katherine Marsh, Biology Instructor & Bio-manufacturing program director, Compton College
- Dr. Malinni Roeun, Mathematics Instructor, Compton College
- Don Mason, Administration of Justice Instructor
- Philip May, Compton HS CTE/ROP Teacher – Project Lead the Way-Engineering
- Pamela Richardson, Welding Instructor, Compton College
- Dr. Deena Smith, Lynwood HS Biomedical Pathway Teacher