Interested in becoming a teacher or in careers in the schools? Already a teacher and need some inspiration? Are you a professional that wants to learn more about programs in your region?
Join the Teach Los Angeles Regional Collaborative (Teach LA) & Partners in our 2nd FREE virtual workshop series.
Teach for LA – November 2-20, 2020
To view the full conference program and register for a workshop, flip through the virtual flipbook below. If you cannot access the virtual flipbook, please click here for the Excel format of the event registration program.
Enroll in the workshops that you are interested in and join a community of educators and future educators in learning about
- teaching pathways and careers,
- STEM and CTE education,
- strategies for distance learning,
- science curriculum,
- social and racial justice strategies in the classroom,
- addressing the needs of K-12 and ECE students,
- earning a credential,
- local pathways and resources,
- SPED strategies,
- student journeys and more!
This conference is appropriate for
- current teachers and paraprofessionals,
- future teachers,
- college and high school students,
- and professionals interested in learning more about teacher prep programs!
Organized by Teach LA and hosted independently by each community college and partner that hosts them, this regional effort provides an opportunity to meet over 17 higher education partners and faculty in the Los Angeles Region sharing resources!
Workshops are offered throughout the day, and some are repeated. Each workshop has its registration link in the program. Only registered participants will receive a ZOOM link to the session. Please contact the workshop coordinator of the session you wish to attend if you do not receive your link 2-3 days before the workshop.
JOIN US DURING THE GENERAL SESSIONS!
- A special Keynote is offered on Friday, November 6 at 10 am with Roy Juarez, Jr, Founder, IMPACTtruth, Inc, and Author of Homeless by Choice: A Memoir of Love, Hate, and Forgiveness.
- Everyone is invited to the Virtual Networking/Transfer Fair, Friday, November 20, 2020, 11 am -12:30 pm. This session is intended to provide all our attendees a virtual open space to network, gather, and share. It will host a student panel and breakout sessions where attendees can meet one on one with education and CSU representatives in Los Angeles and Orange County for an informal Q&A about their programs, admission & transfer requirements and, more. This culminating event will end with a giveaway drawing. You must be present during the giveaway and live in California to win a prize.
Inspired? See you there!!! Questions? Contact: [email protected]